General Pleasanton Park
Main Street & 9th Street
Features: Landscaped Area, Picnic Tables
History: General Pleasonton Park was built in 2010 as a joint effort towards Main Street beautification between the City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce. The building site was generously donated to the City by former Pleasanton pharmacist Doug Maschino and his wife Janet. The ground was the former location of the Smith Rexall Drug Store and then Maschino Drug Store destroyed by fire in 2001. The Park, is the site for our annual Christmas in the Park Celebration held in December. General Pleasonton Park will, for all intents and purposes, act as the “front yard” for the new Pleasanton Community Center currently being built directly to the north.
Park Street and High Street
Features: Children’s Playground Equipment, Horseshoe Pits, Old Pleasanton Bandstand, Picnic Tables, Electric & Water Service Available, Linn County Museum is located in the Park.
History: The Park is named after long time Pleasanton physician Dr. Fred Dunlap. He was the youngest son of Alta Miller Dunlap (October 10, 1874 – November 3, 1959) and Sadie Ann Ethel Jones (December 28, 1877 – December 4, 1962). He was married to Ermalea Hart on 5 Aug 1932. Our beloved Dr. Dunlap was a Family Practice physician and practiced in Pleasanton his entire career. He was the 2nd District Republican Delegate to the 1952 Republican National Convention. He was a Mason. He died of cancer at 86 yrs old – July 28, 1990.
Center Street and 6th Street
East Park features plenty of open space and playground equipment. Generations of families who have enjoyed this well-kept gathering place.